Advice requested for Beryl

Répondre
houndpounds
Formation Théorique
Formation Théorique

Advice requested for Beryl

Message par houndpounds »

Hi there,

I have the plans for the CP750 Beryl, and am looking to build one soon. However I need some information in advance before I can get the UK authority to agree its building.

Firstly, does anyone have a Beryl with O360 engine (180hp?) I hear this is possible.

Secondly, there are several weights mentioned on the info pack and plans for maximum weight. Which is correct?

Lastly, what are the approximate empty weights for completed Beryls?

I would really appreciate a contact name in France where I can visit and look at a completed Beryl. There are none in the UK, but plenty of Emeraudes.

Many thanks in advance,

Henry Morris

G-BIJU
OR
Gregaroulettedequeue
Brevet de Base
Brevet de Base

Message par Gregaroulettedequeue »

Hi Henry,

Firstly i'd like to say CP 750 is a great choice and a wonderful plane.
I will try to give you the informations you need to know.I assum that you bought your plans in Canada, which are sold by S.Littner.
So, the Beryl can be motorized with o-320 (150-160 cv),o-360 (180 cv)and even with the io-360 (200 cv-some planes of this type are flying in Canada and US).
In the original plans, weights given are:
empty weight: 530 kg
Maximum weight: 840kg
in aerobatic use(+6;-3): 740 kg
Can you give us the different weights in your pack?We will compare and maybe change it.
I'll give you names of some Beryl owners soon.I can't say i am a owner of a Beryl CP 750 but my father have a Beryl CP703 (the one you can see on the top left of this page- F-PMEQ) , the little brother of the CP 750 one.
I hope the informations i gave will help you and if you have a slightest question, don't hesitate, ask us :arabe:
Zorro
houndpounds
Formation Théorique
Formation Théorique

Zorro,

According to the drawing (CP 750A_10.00.00) the weights are:

Empty:1,050 lbs (480kg), Aerobatic weight 1,676 lbs (761kg), no mention of Max weight.

The authority in the UK will need to see some evidence of design calculations - e.g. what assumptions have been made in material specs, span loading and torsion. Do you have any idea where I can get these data?

I would like to see the CP703 - where are you based?

I have a share in Emeraude G-BIJU, which is kept at Stapleford (EGSG). A trip to N. France is possible for me even over a weekend.

Best Regards,

Henry
OR
Alexandre
Formation Théorique
Formation Théorique

Construction BERYL CP751B

Message par Alexandre »

Good evening,
Here we are, I do not speak too much about English..
But I am going to make him(it) by translator of the internet...
I began the Beryl CP751B (fuselage Wood) in 1997, at present, I stopped(arrested) the construction in 2001.
The fuselage is made, the estfait central girder, but not closed because in France, it is necessary to pay a visit of the service Véritas for the acrobatics. Empennages is made, I have a clear green window.
I do not know if I would resume(take back).....
The language barrier to be few a problem, but if you have questions, I would re-lay to volontier.
In the meantime, here is an address to see this construction:
http://www.vol-circulaire.org/beryl/index.html

goodbye

Alexandre
houndpounds
Formation Théorique
Formation Théorique

Alexandre,

Many thanks for your reply. Your English is much better than my French, malheureusement . . .

I really like your web site with pictures of your Beryl. Some really good pictures, and your construction is very clean.

Where are you based in France?

I currently fly an Emeraude (G-BIJU) and would really like to see a Beryl in finished or nearly finished condition.

Best Regards,

Henry
OR
Alexandre
Formation Théorique
Formation Théorique

Cp 751 b

Message par Alexandre »

Hello, I am in Savoy (Chambéry 73000). I have stop the construction in 2000.
Regrettably, the only Beryl CP751A which I saw stolen corresponding in the plans of previous history, it is that of Nogaro towards PAU.
Other one, but with the empennages of the CAP10, it is that of the Mister THIBEAUDOT who(which) belongs to Anger.

Cordially Alexandre

Nogaro Béryl CP751A N°2 F-PYTP

The Thibeaudot Béryl

miguel ramos
Formation Théorique
Formation Théorique

cp750 spar modification

Message par miguel ramos »

About the doubts of the weights limits of the CP 750

Te main spar has been modified,in 1982 by Mr. C.Piel
(that appear in the plans)

that include: 170mm width instead 160mm older
semelles reinforcings of 8 mm upper and low
wings tip cuttof (now 50mm instad 185 mm)

Acording to the infopackage 1630lbs aerobatic (+6/-3)
1850lbs utility (+4,4/-1,76)

sanjo
Répondre